1. Prices: are ex works excluding VAT. Orders may be placed at current prices but under exceptional circumstances may be subject to revision before acceptance or delivery. Under such circumstances the customer will be given the option to accept the new price or cancel within 7 days of receiving notice of the new price.
2. Settlement: shall on invoice to approved accounts (unless payment for goods previously supplied is overdue) otherwise payment shall be before dispatch or by arrangement on invoice – subject to status.
3. Delivery: the delivery time quoted is from receipt of order or approval of our artwork where applicable and may be subject to delay beyond our control. Time shall not be of the essence and the purchaser shall not be entitled to claim compensation or damages as a result of delay in delivery.
4. Cancellation: may be made with written consent on terms that indemnify Redbows against losses.
5. Ownership: of goods shall not pass to the buyer until all sums owing in respect of any have been paid.
6. Risk: shall pass to the buyer on delivery to the address stated on the order.
7. Loss or Damage: must be notified to Redbows in writing within four days of the delivery date. Redbows does not accept any liability for items lost or damaged in transit when delivered via a third party carrier.
8. Design and Specification: may be subject to alteration without notice. It is assumed that goods specified by the customer are sufficient and suitable for the purpose for which the goods were ordered.
9. Samples: where samples are supplied these may be charged with placement of the first order.
10. Artwork: must be approved by the customer before printing. Where so approved any further changes may be charged for accordingly. Redbows does not accept liability for errors, howsoever caused, which are evident in any proof and not indicated by the client at the proof approval stage. Clients are liable for all relevant costs incurred in correcting such mistakes once the proof has been approved.
11. Warranty and Guarantee: any period and terms and conditions are limited to that provided to Redbows by their supplier(s) for the particular goods ordered and shall be passed onto the customer. No liability will be accepted by Redbows for consequential loss or damage or any other expenses resulting.
12. Export: orders must be accompanied by reference to a UK bank or suitable organisation prepared to accept payment responsibility upon presentation of our invoice and shipping document.
13. Laws: Laws of England and Wales shall apply to all contracts.
14. Surcharges: Redbows reserves the right to place a 2% surcharge on any account settled by Credit/Charge card. Overdue accounts will be charged interest at 2.5% above the prevailing base rate per month or part thereof.
15. Returns: all returns must be agreed with Redbows Ltd in writing and be registered under its returns procedure. Redbows Ltd reserves the right to reject goods arriving at its premises that are not so recorded or clearly marked with the correct returns number. Returns will be subject to a handling fee.
16. Published Specifications and Data: every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of data published by Redbows Ltd. However Redbows does not accept liability for loss, damage or injury resulting from any error or omission in its published specifications. As part of the Redbows policy of continuous product improvement Redbows reserves the right to change designs and specifications without notice. Redbows therefore recommends that customers verify all published data together with future availability with each enquiry and order.
17. Under/Over Supply: for some promotional items the final delivered quantity may be within +/-5% of the ordered quantity. Clients are advised to verify this and adjust the quantity ordered to compensate if required.
To order from a Redbows Ltd e-commerce website will require the setting up of a password protected account. During set up of the account you are responsible for the accuracy and legality of all the data provided to open it. Once established you are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information which you can update on-line or contact us to do so.
In setting up the account you accept that you are responsible for: managing access to the account, the confidentiality and security of both the account and password, restrictions of use and full responsibility for all activities that take place on the account. You also accept that you should inform us immediately if you have any reason to suspect that the password has been made known to unauthorised users or will be used in an unauthorised manner. Redbows Ltd reserves the right to remove access to the e-commerce facilities, terminate accounts, remove or edit content and cancel orders at its discretion.
Redbows Ltd operates a range of policies. Please review this document to understand its implications for you.
In addition to section 1 of our Sales Terms and Conditions of Sale re prices, those on the Promotional Gifts Store e-commerce site are subject to change without notice. All prices exclude VAT, carriage and any other associated charges.
21. Order Placement
All orders placed with Redbows Ltd receive an order acknowledgement confirming receipt of the order and containing details of it. On shipment of the goods a full sales invoice is issued. Title to the goods remains with Redbows Ltd until the payment transaction has been completed as per the above sales Terms and Conditions.
22. Credit Card Payments
All credit card payments are taken in good faith. Fraudulent usage of this facility will be immediately reported to the relevant authorities and will be taken to have broken all contract terms. Deliveries to addresses other than the card holder’s invoice address may be declined.
23. Cooling-Off Period
In addition to section 15 (Returns) of the Redbows Ltd standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, there is no cooling-off period, except for plain stock items. Personalised goods (supplied with an imprint applied as per an artwork brief and signed artwork acceptance form) are treated as an exception under the Distance Selling Regulations, in that they are customised and personalised for a specific client and order, and cannot therefore be returned to stock for resale to another client.
24. Purchase and Delivery
In addition to section 3 of the Redbows Ltd Sales Terms and Conditions re delivery, delays in processing orders may be beyond the control of Redbows Ltd. Where more than one product is ordered Redbows Ltd may part ship but will not make an additional delivery charge to complete the order. If Redbows Ltd is not able to deliver within 28 calendar days (excluding orders where the quoted or order acknowledged date was great than 28 days from order) of order placement then you will be notified by email and given the opportunity to cancel the order with a full refund without reasonable delay.
Redbows Ltd form QMSFMS102