Why Logo Branded Bags Are So Popular
Branded bags are one of the best ways to promote your company or organisation. In the 2018 market research report by Sourcing City, bags were the top of the first 20 products most people enquire about achieving 14% of all enquiries made. So what are bags, branded with a logo imprint proving so popular?
Environmentally Friendly Bags
The world is literally awash with waste plastic and as we see every day retailers of all types are at the forefront of trying to move shoppers away from plastic bags. Many now offer ‘bags for life’, bags made from plastics that are more biodegradable and bags made from alternative materials.
It is the ‘alternative’ materials that really makes the difference here and promotional shopping bags are now one of the firm favourites with people who contact Redbows and are interested in an environmentally friendly bag. What we offer here is a wide selection of shoppers in different sizes, colours and with short or long handles. The materials include recycled cloths and papers to organically grown cotton farmed in more sustainable ways.
The take-up of alternative shopping bags has been quick and extensive. When I go shopping, I often have two or three cloth bags with me so that I can easily manage my shopping. I’ve also started to watch others at the checkouts to see whether they are now bringing their own bags or opting to buy a new one. Most bring their own.
Shopping bags tend to be of a good size; they must be if they are to be useful when you pop down to the shops. What this means for promotional companies is that they provide a good-sized print area onto which to print a logo and marketing message. Every time these bags are brought-out they provide a superb platform for promoting their supplier.
Of course, promotional shoppers are only one example of the branded bags available. There are many others including backpacks, cooler bags, document, duffel and laptop bags, sports and toiletry bags. Each offers a good imprint area and is a very useful product both for the recipient and the supplier looking to promote themselves.
In fact the range of bags available for branding and promotional purposes is quite extensive. This means that they can be used by a wide variety of organisations ranging from public sector to private companies, charities to sports clubs.
As well as being a functional piece of merchandise, branded bags also help to promote the organisation that gives them in a more subliminal way. If your company has taken the time to invest in environmentally friendly bags, then it is also promoting sustainability and the need to protect the environment. Imagine giving out a range of promotional merchandise to new university students during ‘freshers’ week. Not only does the bag provide them with a ‘welcome pack’ but the bag itself can be re-used and helps to promote both the educational establishment and its eco and well-being values.
So if we were to sum up the value of branded bags, what would be in our top 5?
- Repeated Brand Exposure: as the bags will be used more than once, they provide repeated brand exposure and the higher the quality of the materials, the longer this benefit should accrue for.
- Functional Merchandise: these are products that are kept generally until they are no longer useful. Bags can be cleaned and generally hardwearing with imprints that can be screen printed or embroidered.
- Multifunctional: we have a range of bag types, but the types do not restrict the function. Bags can be used for all sorts of functions whether its to carry goods or cloths, sports equipment or shopping or a multitude of different items.
- Integrated Marketing Tool: bags can be a one-off giveaway item but can also easily be incorporated into wider marketing programs. They can be used to promote specific events and exhibitions as well as promotions that are designed to generate enquiries or drive traffic to a specific website.
- Sustainable and Eco-friendly: bags are one of the most popular promotional gifts because of their eco credentials and sustainability towards our planet. Every time we use plastic, we perpetuate a problem that future generations will have to cope with. Cloth and paper bags can be recycled as part of their end-of-life disposal.
There is no doubt in our mind that branded bags will continue to grow in popularity amongst our client base and with new visitors to our website. As part of our own commitment to the environment we continue to source the best value and sustainable bags and have also made it possible for clients to purchase these on-line from our website. Clients can also upload their own artwork or ask us to generate this for them as part of our design studio services.
We look forward to discussing your need ‘bag’ project and to help you select the right promotional bags for your next promotional campaign.
The Sourcing City report we refer to is available to Purple Club Members like Redbows. The report is titled ‘Promotional Merchandise Industry (UK & Ireland) Market Report 2018’.